Northern Ireland Road Safety Award 2023 WINNERS announced.
The Northern Ireland Road Safety Awards, now in their ninth year, are organised by Road Safe NI in conjunction with NI’s largest accident management company, CRASH Services.
Northern Ireland’s road safety champions were officially recognised for their contribution to helping improve road safety in their communities. The event was hosted by media partner, U105’s Frank Mitchel at the prestigious Cultra Manor, Belfast on Friday 17th November 2023. Winners at Northern Ireland’s Road Safety Awards 2023 included individuals, organisations, and special projects from across the voluntary, education, emergency service, public and business sectors. A total of 14 awards were presented at a lunchtime event attended by more than 100 specially invited guests to the Cultra Manor, Holywood.
Winning the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award was Chief Inspector Graham Dodds from PSNI Road Policing unit. He collected his award from Lynda Hurley from DFI and Frank Mitchell of U105.
Davy Jackson Chair of Road Safe NI said “We had a fantastic response to the awards again, with a record number of entries. We are delighted to play our part in recognising those who go the extra mile to promote road safety. The winning entries really stood out for their commitment over a long period of time and for delivering innovative projects. There is so much good work going on across our schools, local communities, emergency services and businesses. The award winners are an inspiration to others, and there is no question their efforts are saving lives on the road.” he added. “We would like to say thanks, to a fantastic group of sponsors who made these awards possible”
Headline Sponsor – CRASH SERVICES
Jonathan McKeown CEO, CRASH Services Commented, “CRASH Services have proudly sponsored the awards since they were launched and now in their 9th year, they celebrate and honour road safety champions across Northern Ireland, recognising the hard work and commitment of individuals in schools, emergency services, voluntary, public, and private sectors into helping keep our roads safe. As NI’s leading accident management company, CRASH deal with hundreds of motorists each month in the often-traumatic aftermath of a road traffic accident. We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that accidents can have. Our mission at CRASH Services is ‘to act with care for those involved in road traffic accidents’ and we are passionate about playing our part in continuing to promote road safety to all road users across NI. We congratulate all the nominees and winners today for their extraordinary ongoing commitment to road safety.”
Associate and Category Sponsors
Road Safe NI were delighted to be supported by Associate Sponsors, Drivetech (part of the AA) and Charles Hurst Group. Category sponsors also included: Drivetech (part of the AA Group), Charles Hurst Group, U105, New Driver NI, Hankook Tyres, Applegreen, JMK Solicitors, Riverridge, Cameramatics, Traynors, Dept for Infrastructure and NI Road Safety Partnership.
Northern Ireland Road Safety Award winners
- Primary School Category: Mrs Siobhan Gillen Sponsored by Traynors
- School Crossing Person Category: Mr Sean Lynne Sponsored by U105
- Post Primary School Category: Reuben Conor Sponsored by New Driver NI
- Driving Instructor Category: Jason Robb Sponsored by Drivetech
- Emergency Services Category: John Amos NIAS sponsored by Riverridge
- Voluntary Sector Category: Karen Speers Sponsored by Hankook Tyres
- LGV Category: Thomas Cupples Sponsored by Cameramatics
- Business Category: Pocketbox Ltd Sponsored by JMK Solicitors
- Public Sector: ‘Operation Close Pass’ sponsored by Applegreen
- NI Open Category: Breaker Breaker Charity sponsored by CRASH Services
- Two Wheels Category : Cornerstone Off Road Motorcycle Academy Sponsored by Charles Hurst Group.
- Young Driver Category: Sadhbh Convery sponsored by Charles Hurst Group.
- Transport Manager Category : Conor King Sponsored by NI Road Safety Partnership
- Lifetime Achievement: Chief Inspector Graham Dodds P.S.N.I sponsored by DFI